Seedy Cabbage Tacos
This is my favorite recipe I have created. I absolutely LOVE these! I started incorporating more cabbage into my diet because it is highly detoxifying. I use corn tortillas and saute them in ghee to help the body digest the corn. Sometimes I like to use purple cabbage, especially if you want a little more crunch. I add sunflower seeds for protein. I garnish these babies with avocado, veganaise and cilantro. It really completes the tacos and give them more flavor.
1/2 Head of Cabbage Chopped; Purple, Green or Napa
1 Tsp Olive or Coconut Oil
1/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
1/4 Tsp Fennel Seeds
2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
1/2 White Onion Chopped
Handful of Greens; Kale, Bok Choy or Spinach
Squeeze of Lemon or Lime Juice
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp of Ghee
Chopped Cilantro or Parsley
1. In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add sunflower seeds and spice seeds to the pan. Let them simmer a few minutes until they start to pop and become fragrant. Next add the onions to saute for a few minutes.
2. Add the cabbage to the skillet and toss to coat with the oil and spices. Cook the cabbage stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until it starts to shrink down.
3. Toss in your greens, give a stir and reduce to heat to medium-low. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat another skillet on medium heat with ghee. Allow the ghee to heat and then lay the corn tortillas in the pan. They just need about 2 minutes on each side. You can cook them a little longer if you like them more crisp. They do tend to get a little chewy if you cook them too long.
5. Top off your tortilla with the cabbage and add some toppings. I spread veganaise on mine with a slice of avocado. Then I garnish them with fresh parsley or cilantro.